Since July 1, 2021, applications for the issuance or renewal of Cameroonian biometric passports are made in 3 main steps. Namely:
• Online pre-registration. It is done only on the website of the General Delegation for National Security (GDNS). You can access it directly by clicking on one of the following links: https://www.dgsn.cm or https://www.passcam.cm. It is only at this stage that you must make an appointment for the enrollment process.
• Physical enrollment. It is done at the High Commission on the day of your appointment. You will need to bring the information sheet that will be generated at the end of your pre-enrollment procedure as well as the other official documents that are required for the composition of your file (Click on the following link to consult the list of documents required for the passport application file).
Please note that the original and the photocopy of your consular card are part of your passport renewal application. If you do not have a consular card, please click on this link to apply for one. The completed form should be printed and included with your application along with a 12 Canadian dollar fee and a half card photo measuring 4 cm x 4 cm.
• The collection of the passport produced. Although the physical enrolment is done in Ottawa, passports are produced in Cameroon by the DGSN. The new system in effect allows for the production of a passport whose file has been validated by the GDNS within 48 hours. After this step, your new passport will be returned to the High Commission which will forward it to your postal address using the return envelope that you will have left on the day of your appointment.
ARRANGEMENTS FOR APPOINTMENTS
As indicated above, appointments for the establishment and renewal procedures are no longer made on the website of the High Commission of Cameroon in Canada, but on the website of the DGSN at the time of your pre-registration.
An appointment made can only be changed ONCE and this up to exactly 24 hours before the date and time you have chosen. Therefore, make sure you are fully available on that day.
The payment of stamp fees for your new passport is now done ONLY on the GDNS website at the time of your pre-registration. The only fees that will be charged at the High Commission are the legalization fees for photocopies of your official documents (see the fees payable to the High Commission internet link). Payment is made exclusively in cash or by money order or certified check payable to the High Commission of Cameroon in Ottawa.
IN CASE OF PROBLEMS WITH THE PASSPORT APPLICATION PROCESS
If you have a problem with the online pre-enrollment process (change of location and/or date of physical enrollment, etc.), rejection of your passport application, or payment of passport fees, please send your request to this following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your message must be BRIEF and contain the following elements:
- The subject of the problem
- The identification number on your pre-enrollment form (PO-2022….)
- The phone number for mobile payments or other identifier of the payment method used
- The proof of payment (receipt)
Once the problem is submitted, please wait for a response from the Passcam team.
REPLACEMENT OF LOST PASSPORTS
The process is the same as for the renewal and/or establishment of passports. The only difference is that you MUST attach to your passport application a Certificate of Loss of the old passport issued by the Police of the place where the event occurred. This is the physical report of the circumstances of the loss of your passport and NOT the document bearing only the file number.