REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A TRAVEL DOCUMENT
A travel document is issued to a person of cameroonian nationality who does not hold a cameroonian passport or whose passport has expired, and who wishes to travel from Canada to Cameroon. The validity period of this document is three (3) months from the date of issue.
The documents to be provided are the following:
- An application form to be filled out online, printed and signed. This form can be found on the current page of the website of the High Commission
- A Handwritten or typed application to the High Commissioner, containing full address in Canada, phone number, e-mail and profession
- 3 photos (4cm x 4 cm) with the name and surname (s) at the back
- Copy of the original or the duplicata of birth certificate
- Copy of the national identity card if applicable
- Another piece of cameroonian I.D with photograph
- Copy of permanent residence card, work or study permit
- Include old passport in your application, or certificate of loss of passport
- Photocopy of the consular card. If you do not have one, please fill out, print and sign the consular card application form by clicking on this link. This form is to be attached to your application for a travel document with a 35 dollar fee and a half photo card measuring 4 cm x 4 cm
- A traceable return envelope with the applicant’s full address (including apartment number if applicable)
- The fiscal stamp fee of 151 Canadian dollars affixed to the power of attorney, payable in cash, certified cheque or money order to the Cameroon High Commission.
N.B: Please note that due to Covid-19, applications must be sent to the High Commission by postal means only and any incomplete file will be rejected.