Apply for a Visa
Before applying for a visa, please refer to the Entry Requirements in Cameroon.
Applicants for a Cameroon Entry Visa must be in possession of the following:
After filling the online visa application form, print it and send it with the following documents:
- A passport with a validity of at least Six (6) months.
- 1 recent Passport Size Photograph, 7cm X 5cm or 5cm X 4cm (with the name of the applicant on the back).
- An International Certificate of Vaccination against Yellow Fever . However, other vaccines and treatment for malaria are recommended.
- A flight ticket or reservation with the passenger(s) name showing entry and return dates.
- A letter of invitation or a certificate of accomodation by your host legalized by competent local cameroonian administrative authority. The letter of invitation should serve as a guarantee for the accomodation of the applicant and/or the care of the applicant during his stay. However Cameroonians of origin who may be unable, for various reasons, to obtain a signed letter of invitation, should download and sign the declaration in honour form.
- Proof of means of subsistence: a signed copy of a bank statement indicating a minimum sum of 3000 dollars. However, Cameroonians of origin who have completed the declaration in honour form are exempted from presenting this document.
- Copy of marriage certificate or declaration of common-law union (for persons who are married or in legal cohabitation).
Parental authorization for children (ages 0 to 14 ) signed in front of a notary or a commissioner of oath / legalized by administrative authorities, if done in Cameroon.
Complementary information for visa application for children below 14 years:
- Attach photocopy of the passports of the parents of the child/children requesting a visa
- Attach a copy of the birth certificate of the child/children intending to travel
- Legalized authorization, available at the following link: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children/consent-letter. The parental authorization must be filled by both parents in case they are not travelling with their child; in case one of the parents is traveling with the child, the other parent must provide a legalized authorization.
- A separate visa application form must be filled and signed for each child.
- Requests for :
- Business Visas: company letter guaranteeing stay in Cameroon and stating the reasons for visit, a signed work contract from cameroon (if it exists).
- Student Visas: should be accompanied by a letter from the institution where the applicant intends to study, together with and evidence of financial means while in cameroon.
- Visitors/Tourist Visas: hotel reservation where applicant will be lodging.
- Employment Visas: should be accompanied with a contract of employment in Cameroon. Please provide a reference from the company or organization-employing applicant, and an authorization to work in Cameroon, issued by the Cameroon government.
- Transit Visas: enclose a valid to and return air ticket showing on ward or final destination; and passport should have visa for the said destination.
- Short Stay Visas to visit family members : a letter of invitation from a family member or friend, signed by a competent local authority.
NB: - Following Covid-19 Special Measures (see homepage), visa requests are to be sent exclusively by mail to the High Commission with a trackable return envelope bearing the applicant's exact address.
-Incomplete files will be rejected.
Pay Visa Fees
Check the fees for Entry Visas.
Visa Processing Time
- All visa applications take an average estimated period of twenty-one (21) Business days to process.
- An Express Visa Service for processing on the same day of the request is also offered.
Visas by Post - Registered Mail Only
Visa applications sent by post will only be accepted and processed if all the required documents are enclosed.
In case a passport will not be retrieved in person, a Pre-Paid self- addressed envelope must be provided by the applicant. It is preferable to use one of the reputable couriers i.e. FEDEX, Purolator, or Priority-Express Mail (Canada Post).